Friday, August 20, 2010

What exactly is a trojan virus?

trojan horse programs are named after the giant wooden horse that concealed Greek soldiers who used it to invade the ancient city of Troy. Like the famous trick, a Trojan horse program conceals hidden programming. The hidden functions may just be a joke or something annoying, but vandals often use Trojan horse programs to destroy other people's data, knowing that some people will run any program that has an interesting file name, or promises to perform a useful function



The effect of this virus:



they waste disk space and memory, delay computer operations and increase the likelihood pf system crashes. They are often poorly written and may function erratically, overwrite data and cause programs to run erratically. Many also destructive routines to alter or overwrite data.



What exactly is a trojan virus?antispam



Bad news. Just like the mythical trojan horse, they appear like harmless programs (usually attached to emails) and essentially allow malicious access to your computer files and programs. I had one about 7 years ago when i was stupid and someone sent me a 'picture with sound'. The bugger could see everything I was doing as I was doing it. I was talking on ICQ to a friend at the time, absolutely packing it, and this other guy was telling me what I was saying, as well as making my CD tray open and close.



Kill all hackers. That's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment